Persephone’s Abecedarium: An Alphabet Play
(An Ecopoetical Adaptation of the “Homeric Hymn to Demeter,” Persephone’s Abecedarium: An Alphabet Play is currently being edited for publication. Publication information TBA.)
This unorthodox hybrid adaptation reimagines The Daughter, Persephone as, herself, The-Girl-To-Come: A Poetics. This work animates the interpretation of the ancient poem as a radical proto-feminist meditation on ecological ethics, reciprocity and subjectivity.
“HISTORIA PLANTARUM: Hecate Prepares Instructions for Demeter and Kore in Hell, A Metaphysics, Part One - Notes on Anatomy, Conception, Reproduction and The Daughter.” Intertwined Histories: Plants in Their Social Contexts. Ed. James Ellis. Calgary: U Calgary P, (May) 2019. 20 - 35. Print.
- “Jestress/In Which Auntie Iambe Displays Herself (The Riddle of Dicentra Spectabilis, Also Known as the Lyre Flower).” The Malahat Review 203 (2018). 33-34.
- “HAG – Homeless Crone Reports Post-Partum Depression: Demeter.” Denver Quarterly 52.3 (2018). 46-52.
- “Eatude: When Eat Is Give (Sound Poem Score) – Wordbirths Etude and Poetics Statement/Project Lab.” filling Station 65 (2017). 26-38.
- “Witness Statement: On The Disappearance of Kore (Hades).” The Iowa Review 46.1 (2016). 55-58.
- “Prelogos.” Exile Literary Quarterly 39.2 (2015). 87-89.